A more formal summary of Matthew can be found via his resume, as can be viewed or downloaded on the Resume page.
Matthew Pettersson has been a Software Engineer III at Cisco Systems Inc. since may of 2014. His career with Cisco began in mid 2010 first as an intern, then as a Software Engineer II during the first half of 2013.
In December of 2013, Matthew received a Masters of Science in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD). The particular focus, or track, is Information Assurance and this is where he first realized his passion for cyber security. Matthew's penultimate degree is a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, also from UTD.
When not working, Matthew enjoys some of the following:
- Weightlifting/Cardio - Gifted with an especially slow metabolism, Matthew can often be found perspiring in local gyms before work.
- Automotive (Tinkering) - Matthew has serviced easy DIY projects on many of his past vehicles, however, with the addition of a 2015 Subaru WRX STI, he has grown quite fond of higher performance autos.
- (Cyber) Security - See the Security page.
- Coding - See the Code page.
- Occasional Gaming - Every now and then Matt is known to don gaming mice, microphone headsets, and recede into digital worlds; such worlds include Ezora (FFXIV), the Koprulu sector (StarCraft franchise), or even the harsh scenes of Modern Warfare.
For questions or more information regarding Matthew Pettersson, including six or more digit job offers, please see the Contact page.